Pages

September 7, 2010

Our Lovely Lizzie Jane

 


Eliza Jane Brown
8.26.10
10:01 p.m.
5lb 9oz

Our perfect baby girl came really unexpectedly on thursday, august 26th. It all began at 5:am, at my parents house. My doctor was planning on inducing labor on Sept. 1st (in Roosevelt) so I figured I had lots of time to hang out with my mom, go shopping for cute clothes and nursery stuff. I decided to spend the night at my parents and go back to Roosevelt first thing in the morning. I woke up at 5 in the morning thinking I needed to use the bathroom. . I didn't quite make it to the bathroom. I seriously thought I was peeing my pants all over my mom's floor. When I yelled for my mom, she ran in and yelled "oh my goodness your water broke! We have got to get to the hospital right now!" Of course I was crying my eyes out because 1: the water wouldn't stop coming! 2: Clay wasn't there, he was in Roosevelt 3: I called my doctor (in Roosevelt) to see what I should do and I got a machine that said he is out of town for the weekend! So we ended up at Payson hospital which ended up being a really big blessing. Clay got to the hospital in about an hour (from Roosevelt!) just in time to wait another 15 hours. After our baby finally arrived, the pediatrician came in and looked the baby over. He gave us the really shocking news that our baby shows signs of down syndrome. This news was really hard for me to believe since there was never any indication of down syndrome throughout the whole pregnancy and I did get the blood test and my doctor told me that my chances of having a down syndrome baby were average to low and I probably wouldn't have to worry about that. (That blood test is only 80% accurate little did I know) We spent the night at the hospital and the next day they sent our sweet baby to primary children's to get tests and ultrasounds done on her heart. They found that she has a heart condition that is very common among down syndrome babies which will require surgery in 4 to 5 months. Eliza is still here in the NICU where Clay and I spend each and everyday trying to get her to eat and breath on her own. So far, she is doing really well! She does her very best to drink from her bottle, and they almost have her all the way off the oxygen! She still needs a little more time to do all of these things on her own but we cannot wait until we can take her home! (probably in about 2 weeks). 


Even though the past few weeks have been a life changing adjustment and very emotional, I cannot put into words the feelings that we get every time we hold our baby girl. I feel so honored to have been sent such a perfect spirit and I hope that I can live up to the trust Heavenly Father has put into me. I know that this baby has been sent to us for a reason and through her, I will learn the true meaning of the Christlike attributes that each of us are here to acquire. 



 

18 comments:

Finch Family said...

I love her so much! Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow.

cheryl said...

I Love you Chayla. What a loving addition you are to our family. You are prect for Clay and the prfect Mom to our new sweet Lizzie Jane.

Calee said...

Chayla she is beautiful! Congrats! I love her name too. I hope everything goes well and you can bring her home healthy and happy.
Post more pics when you can:)

Lindsay said...

She's beautiful Chayla! You are going to be a wonderful mother to such a perfect little girl.

Ericson Fam said...

Chayla your baby girl is beautiful. You are going to be a wonderful mom!! Congratulations to you and Clay and I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and hope she will be able to come home soon:)

JENKIES said...

The hospital isn't our favorite place. We spent 6 weeks trying to get the twins home. Our thoughts and prayers got out to you and your beautiful little girl. Love, Jordan and Mandy

Ashlee Salisbury said...

Chayla she is absolutly precious, she is so stinken cute... and I know why Heavenly Father has trusted you with her, because he knows how strong and amazing you and Clay are, and the unconditional love you have for each other and your baby girl...
I cant wait until you can bring her home :)

Karen said...

What a cutie pie! She looks so much like the Brown's to me. I'm glad she's doing so well and you'll have her home with you very soon. Good luck!

Hayley said...

.Chayla you are so amazing, we love you guys. She is so cute! Heavenly Father choose you and Clay for this, little Lizzie is so lucky to have such great parents. Cant wait to hug and kiss her again.

Ali said...

Hi Clay and Chayla,
What a beautiful little doll! She does look like the Browns. Her little mouth looks like the Browns. She is precious and I can't wait to see her. Love you guys.

Jace and Ash said...

Chayla,
Congrats!!! She is so darling and wow she has alot of hair. You are such a great example to me, and your such a cute mommy. I just love reading your blog. I'm so happy for you :) Take care and congrats again. She is Beautiful

Sarah Blackhurst said...

She is seriously the most precious thing around! What an amazing family you three have! Congratulations and we cannot wait to get to know Lizzie!

Jaime Stephens said...

Congrats you guys! She is so beautiful. She is so perfect you are guys are so amazing.. We are praying she can get out of the NICU soon!

Tiffany J said...

Hi my name is Tiffany, I'm Aryn and Deven Oaks' sister-in-law, I'm sure you've already heard about our Izzie. I just wanted you to know you can call me whenever you want or need, our little Utah Down Syndrome Foundation chapter would like to visit when you guys get home,too, if that's okay! Congrats, she is so beautiful, and I love her name!!! :)

Kristi said...

Hi Chayla I don't know if you remember me but I am Kami Cortez, Todd's sister. We were at the baptism for Kye with our little angel Addi. I am so excited for you guys! I know it is a lot right now but I promise you there will be a day that you will honestly wonder how you got so lucky to have such an amazing spirit in your home. Everywhere you go she will steal the show!! Addi had her heart surgery at 3 months. Everything went so good...I would love to talk to you when you feel up to it. Please get my number from Amber and if you ever want to chat just call.

mstokes said...

Oh Chayla,
She is just perfect. I'm sure that the past few weeks have been a whirlwind. But you're making it one day at time. That is what motherhood is - one day at a time! COngratulations she is beautiful. You'll have good days and bad but you'll be a wonderful mom and she's lucky to have the two of you!

hairprincess said...

OH wow Chaya she is beautiful! I am like bawling my eyes out from your cute posts about her, she is so perfect! I cannot wait to come visit you, we are in Duchesne now for good so we need to plan a time I can come see you guys, I want to make dinner for you! Keep us updated on pics of that adorable girl and I am so excited to meet her in real life! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! Don't you love how she fits right into your arms like a little snuggly bean bag? Coming by via 31 for 21 and Unringing the Bell blog. I have a daughter who is 11 with Down syndrome- come on by and visit!