Pages

September 8, 2010

Lizzie Updates

Today, Lizzie got her picc line taken out! The picc line was a permanent i.v that went under the skin to her heart. She is now eating enough that she does not need an i.v at all! They are only feeding her through a bottle every other time right now but we are hoping she will get strong enough really soon and start taking the bottle every feeding.

                
        with the picc line...


without the picc line...


eating through the bottle...


Tiny little hands and feet...
 

I forgot to mention how my dad passed out his first visit to the NICU! He also passed out when I was born. Something about needles, tubes, and blood that makes him a little sick to his stomach! Good thing Clay was with him when he started to look a little pale! When he woke up, he was in the hall way on the floor with nurses all around trying to figure out what in the world they're going to do with a patient that size! Poor Perry hahahaha!!!  I know this picture is a little blurry, I sent it from my cell phone. I still had to post it just because I know my dad would be SO proud!..

 

6 comments:

Amanda said...

that is a funny pic of your dad!! Glad to here she is doing better. Love her cute clothes.

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

Hello! My friend Lindsay Schoenfeld passed your blog on to me. First let me say that Lizzie is absolutely beautiful! Oh how I wish I could take her in my arms and squeeze her! I have a 2 year old daughter. She also has designer jeans. :-) Unlike you, we found out about the DS before her birth. It was hard. I remember going through many emotions. Even after she was born, my emotions were up and down. Everything I had planned for my little girl changed...or so I thought. I could write a novel about the ups and downs, the NICU, etc. but the bottom line is something I know you already know--we would not trade our little Grace for the world! It took a while to see just Grace, not her Down syndrome. But it came. Like I told Lindsay, Grace helped us slow down, realize what is truly important in life, and taught us not to take anything for granted. Enjoy your bundle of joy. She will fill your life with more happiness than you ever thought possible! If you need anyone to talk to, Lindsay can give you my number and email. Also, if you need any connections with Down syndrome mommies in UT, I can hook you up with a bunch. Sending our prayers!

Amberly said...

She is beyond adorable! We already love her so much. You and Clay are amazing examples to all of us. Your little family will bless the lives of so many. She is a little miracle. We love you all!

Kari said...

What a beautiful baby! I love all that hair! Congratulations!!

Luke and Ali Stewart said...

I seriously love that little one. I will never forget the first time I saw her laying there in her little bed in the NICU- the spirit was so strong and I could feel her special little spirit. You guys will be so blessed to have little Lizzie Jane in your home. I can't wait to just sqeeze and kiss her beautiful face!

Jesse, Nicole and Elle said...

What good news! She is such a little doll! I can't wait to see her in person! I wish you guys the best! I'm thinking and praying for you!